Joining your online meeting is easy, requires no installations and no external software, and can be done from desktop or mobile. The online meeting rooms support video, audio, screen sharing, and live chat.
An online meeting room can be joined only once the meeting has started. You can check when your online meeting will start by navigating to your calendar and finding the meeting.
If the meeting has not yet started, you will see a countdown timer (weeks, days, hours, minutes) until the meeting begins. The Join Room button will remain disabled until the time for the meeting has arrived. When the countdown timer reaches zero, the button will become enabled for the duration of your meeting. Click Join Room to connect to your meeting room.
Alternatively, you may receive a push notification telling you can that you now join. You can join the meeting room by clicking the Join Room button in the notification.
You can join the meeting room using this method as well.
Once you've clicked the Join button from anywhere, you will see the region selection screen. Select the region closest to you to ensure the best possible to connect to the service.
Next, you will see the staging screen where you can test your audio and video devices as shown below:
Upon confirming, you will enter the virtual meeting room.
Please note that late-arriving participants won't be able to join after the meeting time has ended.
The meeting room will automatically shut down only after all participants have exited for five minutes, so don't worry if your meeting overruns a bit, you won't be kicked out!
Buttons: Grey = OFF & Blue = ON- Speaker Mute
- Webcam On/Off
- Microphone Mute
- Share your screen
- Exit the Meeting
Sharing your screen: When clicked, this will allow you to share your screen. When a participant is sharing their screen option will be automatically disabled for other participants. Screen sharing is only supported in Chrome and Firefox web browsers.
Settings, Participants, Live Chat, Products and Marketing Content
On the right-hand panel you have a number of icons. These are detailed below.
Settings: Toggle ON/OFF pop-up notifications, title settings and different room views.
Participants: You can view the list of active participants list in the meeting
Chat: You have a live chat option where you can see the messages exchanged during the meeting duration.
Products: You can view the products that you selected at the time of requesting the meeting that can be used as a part of the meeting discussion. By clicking on individual products you get directed to Product detail page which talks in detail about product features and similar products from that exhibitor.
Marketing Content: You can view the marketing content that you selected at the time of requesting the meeting.
Ending the meeting: After the meeting is done, Click on Leave meeting button to leave the meeting room.
Before you get set up with Amazon Chime, first make sure that you meet the following requirements for your operating system.
- Windows 7, 32-bit and 64-bit
- Windows 8.1, 32-bit and 64-bit
- Windows 10, 32-bit and 64-bit
- OS X 10.11 and later
Note: If you are on macOS, you would need to ensure that Camera and Microphone are enabled for the browser application in System Preferences > Security & Privacy > Privacy
- Android OS 4.0 and later
- OpenGL ES is required for the screen share viewer.
- Google Services and Google Account are required for the best messaging experience.
Browsers supported for the chat:
- Google Chrome (latest three versions) - Link to download/update: https://www.google.com/chrome/
- Mozilla Firefox (latest three versions) - Link to download/update: https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/new/
- Safari 10 or later for macOS - Link to download/update: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204416
- Microsoft Edge (chromium-based version) - Link to download/update: https://support.microsoft.com/en-in/help/4501095/download-the-new-microsoft-edge-based-on-chromium
Browsers supported for meetings and video:
- Google Chrome (latest three versions)
- Mozilla Firefox (latest three versions)
Browsers supported for screen sharing:
- Google Chrome for Windows, macOS, and Linux desktops (latest three versions, version 72 or later)
- Mozilla Firefox for Windows, macOS, and Linux desktops (latest three versions, version 66 or later)
- Safari (version 12, audio and video only, no content sharing), for macOS
- Safari (version 13 and later, content sharing with screen capture requires turning on the Develop, Experimental Features, Screen Capture feature in the browser), for macOS
- Opera (version 66 and later), for macOS and Windows
For extra stability:
- Desktop Mode, use safari or chrome (chrome-based browser only)
- iOS, use safari browser only
Troubleshooting information (The chime connectivity checker)
The first thing to check if you are not able to connect to meeting rooms is to follow this link: https://app.chime.aws/check# and check if there are no block IP addresses/domains.
1) In case your device passes all the tests – You are ready to use Amazon Chime!
2) In case of the IP addresses are blocked, It will generate a time out error
There are three ways you can get rid of these errors:
- Turn off – if you are using any private VPN/proxy
- Get these IP addresses unblocked from your Internet Service Provider
- Try using some proxy/VPN – if that works for you
Troubleshooting Guide (If all the tests are passed)
The user should allow the browser when it asks to access the microphone and camera. (Camera, Mic should be set to allow)
Before clicking on the join button – Sound & Video can be tested by clicking on the respective “Test Video” and ‘Test Sound Button”
After joining the meeting: mic, sound and video should be "ON" (Blue), Grey means it is "OFF"